Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Fri February 8, 2013
Multi-car accident causes delays on I-89 in Vt.
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — Vermont State Police say two people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries after several vehicles crashed on Interstate 89 in South Burlington during the snowstorm.
Police say a trooper was helping a driver who had gone off the road on Friday when another car slid off the interstate. Police say a man who stopped to help the second vehicle was struck by a third vehicle that then hit the second car head on.
Police say the man, 53-year-old Timothy Elkins of South Burlington, was thrown about 20 feet and sustained minor injuries to his leg.
The driver of the third vehicle complained of back pain. Both were taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care.
Police say it was snowing hard and the roads were snow-covered at the time.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.