Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Tue April 4, 2006
Before The Music Dies - 4/3/06
Albany, NY – Filmmakers Andrew Shaptner and Joel Rasmussen spent years criss-crossing the country, quizzing hundreds of musicians, journalists, industry experts, and music fans. The question they asked? "What is the future of American music?"
The result is a new documentary about their journey called, "Before The Music Dies." The Roundtable's Jennifer Nathan spoke with the filmmakers at the South by Southwest Film Festival in Austin, Texas last month. She started by asking them what they expected to find when they set out on this journey.