Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri July 20, 2012
The Musical Life of Peter Schickele
Byrdcliffe and the Woodstock Chimes Fund present Woodstock Off-Beat 2012: The Musical Life of Peter Schickele - A Benefit for the Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild Concert tomorrow night at 8 PM at the Maverick Concert Hall. It is a retrospective of the works of Peter Schickele and PDQ Bach and Professor Schickele will also be joined by a group of instrumentalists and vocalists.
Composer, musician, author, satirist — Peter Schickele is internationally recognized as one of the most versatile artists in the field of music. His works, now well in excess of 100 for symphony orchestras, choral groups, chamber ensembles, voice, movies and television. The “discoverer” of the works of P. D. Q. Bach, he was also the longtime host of Public Radio International’s wackily informative music appreciation program -Schickele Mix.
You can go to www.woodstockguild.org for more information.