Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Fri July 20, 2012
The Musical Life of Peter Schickele
Byrdcliffe and the Woodstock Chimes Fund present Woodstock Off-Beat 2012: The Musical Life of Peter Schickele - A Benefit for the Woodstock Byrdcliffe Guild Concert tomorrow night at 8 PM at the Maverick Concert Hall. It is a retrospective of the works of Peter Schickele and PDQ Bach and Professor Schickele will also be joined by a group of instrumentalists and vocalists.
Composer, musician, author, satirist — Peter Schickele is internationally recognized as one of the most versatile artists in the field of music. His works, now well in excess of 100 for symphony orchestras, choral groups, chamber ensembles, voice, movies and television. The “discoverer” of the works of P. D. Q. Bach, he was also the longtime host of Public Radio International’s wackily informative music appreciation program -Schickele Mix.
You can go to www.woodstockguild.org for more information.