Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed July 2, 2003
NA Schools Labeled "Underperforming"
By Arlen Cellana
North Adams, MA – A state education oversight committee recommends North Adams Public Schools be placed on a list of underperforming districts after the panel found the administrative staff to be inadequate to the point it hinders the district's ability to implement new curriculum and make gains on MCAS scores. Local leaders call the move politically motivated. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana filed this report.