Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Wed April 24, 2013
National Donate Life Month
April is National Donate Life Month and counties are pitching in to raise awareness and increase organ donor registration rates across New York.
Unfortunately, only 18 percent of New Yorkers age 18 and over have enrolled in the NYS Donate Life Registry, compared to the national average of 42 percent. The New York State Association of Counties (NYSAC) believes that counties can be the driving force to raise awareness and increase donor registration in New York.
In late 2012, NYSAC President (and Orange County Executive) Ed Diana learned that he needed a liver transplant. As he awaits his transplant, NYSAC is partnering with County Executive Diana to increase organ donor registration rates in all of New York's counties.
Ed Diana and NYSAC Executive Director, Stephen Acquario join us this morning – along with DMV Executive Deputy Commissioner, David Sampson.