Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Thu April 1, 2010
National Education Association Launches Autism Resource
By Charlie Deitz
United States – The Center for Disease Control says 1 out of every 110 children born in the United States will be diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder, and the National Education Association says autism is the fastest growing disability among children today. April has been designated as Autism Awareness Month, and the NEA is launching a new resource for educators and parents to deal with the challenges presented by autism. Our Berkshire Bureau Chief Charlie Deitz spoke with the President of the National Education Association, Dennis Van Roekel, about the new program .