Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New England News
Tue February 28, 2006
National Grid Expanding its Northeastern Reach
By Dan Bobkoff
BOSTON, MA – National Grid, the British power distributor that serves much of upstate New York and western New England, continued its rapid expansion in the U.S. yesterday by agreeing to acquire Keyspan Energy, a major natural gas and power supplier in the northeast. The deal, if approved, will create the country's third largest power company, serving 8 million customers.
As WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff reports, the deal is getting a generally positive reaction.