Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Tue February 28, 2006
National Grid Expanding its Northeastern Reach
By Dan Bobkoff
BOSTON, MA – National Grid, the British power distributor that serves much of upstate New York and western New England, continued its rapid expansion in the U.S. yesterday by agreeing to acquire Keyspan Energy, a major natural gas and power supplier in the northeast. The deal, if approved, will create the country's third largest power company, serving 8 million customers.
As WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff reports, the deal is getting a generally positive reaction.