Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
WAMC New England News
Tue February 28, 2006
National Grid Expanding its Northeastern Reach
By Dan Bobkoff
BOSTON, MA – National Grid, the British power distributor that serves much of upstate New York and western New England, continued its rapid expansion in the U.S. yesterday by agreeing to acquire Keyspan Energy, a major natural gas and power supplier in the northeast. The deal, if approved, will create the country's third largest power company, serving 8 million customers.
As WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff reports, the deal is getting a generally positive reaction.