Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New England News
Tue February 28, 2006
National Grid Expanding its Northeastern Reach
By Dan Bobkoff
BOSTON, MA – National Grid, the British power distributor that serves much of upstate New York and western New England, continued its rapid expansion in the U.S. yesterday by agreeing to acquire Keyspan Energy, a major natural gas and power supplier in the northeast. The deal, if approved, will create the country's third largest power company, serving 8 million customers.
As WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff reports, the deal is getting a generally positive reaction.