Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Hudson Valley News
Mon April 1, 2013
Natural Foods Distributor to Build in Orange County
A national distributor of natural, organic, and specialty foods is opening a distribution center in Orange County, its first in New York.
State officials say United Natural Foods, Inc. will construct a state-of-the-art, 525,000-square-foot warehouse and distribution facility in the Town of Montgomery, investing more than $55 million and creating more than 360 jobs. The new facility is expected to be up and running by fall of 2014. Located near I-84, the new distribution facility will be the second largest in United Natural Foods’ network. Empire State Development, the state’s economic development agency, is providing the company with $3.6 million in tax credits.