Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New England News
Fri September 7, 2012
Neal Wins MA Primary
Incumbent Richard Neal won the three-way Democratic primary over former state Senator Andrea Nuciforo and humorist Bill Shein in the first district, all but assuring a 13th term in Congress.
Patsy Harris won the Democratic Middle Berkshire District register of deeds race over Jody Phillips and Scott Pignatelli to replace Nuciforo.
In other Congressional races, Democrat Joseph Kennedy III won a three-way race in the fourth district and will face Republican Sean Bielat in the race to replace the retiring Barney Frank.
Incumbent Democrat James McGovern turned away challenger William Feegbeh in the second district.
Other Republican primary victors include: Jon Golnik in the third district, who now faces Representative Niki Tsnongas; Tom Tierney in the fifth district, who will try to unseat Representative Ed Markey; Joe Selvaggi in the eighth district, who will face Representative Stephen Lynch.
And Adam Chaprales appears to have squeaked by Christopher Sheldon in the GOP primary in the ninth district to face Representative William Keating, who won his primary over Bristol District Attorney Sam Sutter.