Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New England News
Tue June 6, 2006
Negotiations Continue Over Expanded Day at Two Springfield Schools
By Dan Bobkoff
Springfield, ma – Springfield Schools Superintendent Joseph Burke hopes to resolve a disagreement with the head of the city's teachers' union over how to pay for an expanded school day at two under-performing city elementary schools. At the same time, teachers in a Berkshire County city have rejected a proposed expansion of the school day. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff with more.