Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Tue October 16, 2012
Netflixed: The Epic Battle for America's Eyeballs
In the new book, Netflixed: The Epic Battle for America's Eyeballs, financial journalist Gina Keating taps into sources cultivated over nearly a decade of reporting on entertainment and technology to reveal behind-the-scenes drama and clashes of egos at both Netflix and Blockbuster.
She draws on new interviews with top executives to unlock the motivations behind decisions in the protracted war over market share that played out to a mystified market in a financial drama.
Keating outlines the early days when Netflix was an idea, describes how the business model developed and relates how Netflix went on to play several contradictory roles in the world of business: Wall Street darling, most shorted stock, perennial consumer favorite, company in disgrace, online rental industry pioneer.