Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
Tue October 16, 2012
Netflixed: The Epic Battle for America's Eyeballs
In the new book, Netflixed: The Epic Battle for America's Eyeballs, financial journalist Gina Keating taps into sources cultivated over nearly a decade of reporting on entertainment and technology to reveal behind-the-scenes drama and clashes of egos at both Netflix and Blockbuster.
She draws on new interviews with top executives to unlock the motivations behind decisions in the protracted war over market share that played out to a mystified market in a financial drama.
Keating outlines the early days when Netflix was an idea, describes how the business model developed and relates how Netflix went on to play several contradictory roles in the world of business: Wall Street darling, most shorted stock, perennial consumer favorite, company in disgrace, online rental industry pioneer.