Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
New York News, WAMC News
Thu April 5, 2012
New Adirondack Tourism Group Formed to Coordinate Marketing Efforts
Officials in Saranac Lake have been planning to create a Saranac Lake Tourism Council since a Destination Master Plan was issued in 2009. Saranac Lake Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Sylvie Nelson says the new Council includes representatives from established tourism groups, economic consultants, the chamber, local business, and the village.
Retired Economic Development Consultant Ernest Hohmeyer is a member of the new Tourism Council. He says the council should help streamline marketing efforts. Hohmeyer notes that tourism marketing has become very complicated and this type of cooperative effort may work best in the Adirondack region.
The council will meet monthly. It is currently developing goals and priorities and redesigning the local website.