Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
Tue February 4, 2014
New Arts Center Coming To Greene County
A new center for the performing arts is coming to the Village of Catskill.
A 12,000 square foot space with a 99-seat theater, lobby and gallery will be included in the new floor plan for the former Curtron factory along West Bridge Street - The Daily Mail reports the village planning board greenlighted the Bridge Street Theater project during its Monday meeting - the building will also house administrative offices, a three-bedroom apartment for out-of-town actors, as well as additional warehouse space.
The site plan was approved on condition that the owners work with the Village Building Inspector to have each phase of the work approved, and plan a meeting with the Catskill Fire Department to ensure that all safety concerns are addressed. The project should be completed in 6 months with the first theater season expected to open in 2015.