Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Fri April 12, 2013
New Bid To Boost Sports Tourism In Western Mass.
A new initiative has been launched to bring more sporting events, and sports fans to western Massachusetts.
A new division of the Greater Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau- a sports commission- will focus on bringing events to locations throughout western Massachusetts. Visitors bureau president Mary Kay Wydra said they’ll bid for sporting events that have a high media profile, will fill hotel rooms, and have a significant economic impact.
One of the initial tasks for the new sports commission is to inventory all venues that could host sports events, including the region’s college campuses, ski resorts, and golf courses.