Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
New England News
Fri April 12, 2013
New Bid To Boost Sports Tourism In Western Mass.
A new initiative has been launched to bring more sporting events, and sports fans to western Massachusetts.
A new division of the Greater Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau- a sports commission- will focus on bringing events to locations throughout western Massachusetts. Visitors bureau president Mary Kay Wydra said they’ll bid for sporting events that have a high media profile, will fill hotel rooms, and have a significant economic impact.
One of the initial tasks for the new sports commission is to inventory all venues that could host sports events, including the region’s college campuses, ski resorts, and golf courses.