Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Fri April 12, 2013
New Bid To Boost Sports Tourism In Western Mass.
A new initiative has been launched to bring more sporting events, and sports fans to western Massachusetts.
A new division of the Greater Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau- a sports commission- will focus on bringing events to locations throughout western Massachusetts. Visitors bureau president Mary Kay Wydra said they’ll bid for sporting events that have a high media profile, will fill hotel rooms, and have a significant economic impact.
One of the initial tasks for the new sports commission is to inventory all venues that could host sports events, including the region’s college campuses, ski resorts, and golf courses.