Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
Hudson Valley News
Tue August 6, 2013
New Dutchess Human Resources Commissioner
POUGHKEEPSIE – Steven Rector, the acting Dutchess County Human Resources commissioner, is County Executive Marcus Molinaro’s choice to be full commissioner. Rector has been “a trusted adviser for a long time,” the county executive said.
Rector was his legislative director for two years when Molinaro was a state assemblyman.
“Steve Rector has been a trusted and loyal advisor and colleague of mine, but more importantly than that, has a significant amount of private sector experience with health insurance, health care and risk management along with budget and finance experience,” Molinaro said.
A Poughkeepsie resident, Rector became acting commissioner following the July 31 retirement of former Commissioner Earl Bruno, Jr.
Rector joined county government last year as director of Budget and Finance for the Department of Health. In July of this year, he became deputy commissioner of Human Resources.
Molinaro said Rector “has demonstrated the leadership, strength, and integrity to serve as commissioner of Human Resources and address the wide range of complex personnel issues that the commissioner is responsible for."