Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Wed September 26, 2012
New Executive Director at Vermont Commission on Women
The Vermont Commission on Women has a new executive director.
Cary Brown of Montpelier most recently served as internship coordinator for Norwich University. Previously, she served as interim executive director of Turtle Island Children's Center and the director of girls' programs for Vermont Works for Women, a nonprofit that supports training and work in non-traditional fields for girls. She also directed the Women in Technology Project, a summer technology camp for girls at Vermont Technical College.
Brown joins the commission at the end of October.
The commission is a non-partisan state agency charged with reducing discrimination and encouraging opportunities for women.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.