Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Science & Technology
Tue July 13, 2004
New Forest Rules Concern Environmentalists
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Bush administration proposed new rules affecting the country's national forests yesterday. Opponents of the proposal say regulations against logging in national forests are being swept aside. There is a national forest in Vermont, and while environmentalists are concerned, Vermont officials don't think the new rule will have much impact here..