Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri October 3, 2003
New Forestry Law Signed by Governor
By Pat Bradley
Syracuse, NY – New York Governor George Pataki has signed into law a forestry measure that addresses timber theft and sustainable forestry. The measure also establishes a ""Right to Practice Forestry" initiative to ensure that legitimate and sustainable forestry activities are not unduly restricted or banned by local ordinances. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.