Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
North Country News
Mon May 21, 2012
New Fund to Help Displaced VT Mobile-Home Owners
A total of 524 mobile homes were damaged in Vermont during Tropical Storm Irene. And many homeowners are still recovering, some paying more for housing. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
A new fund has been set up to help mobile-home owners in Vermont who were victims of Irene or flooding last spring.
It was started with a gift of $50,000 from a Middlebury couple, David and Eleanor Ignat.
Organizers say $500 grants will be awarded to eligible applicants. The deadline is July 16.
The grants can be used to pay for any costs incurred because of destruction, displacement or damaged related to floods, such as increased housing costs, heating bills or taxes or to pay for home repairs, cleanup and replacing items lost in the flood.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.