Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New England News
Sun June 30, 2013
New Funding To Be Announced For Brownfields Cleanup
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will announce additional funding on Monday for the largest mill redevelopment project in western Massachusetts.
The money from the EPA will pay for asbestos removal from two buildings at the sprawling 170-acre Ludlow Mills. A non-profit corporation has advanced a plan for commercial, industrial and some residential redevelopment of the mill complex over the next 15 years. Aaron Saunders, a member of Ludlow’s Board of Selectman said the project will mean jobs and added tax revenue
Construction started last summer on a $27 million rehabilitation hospital at the site.