Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
North Country News
Thu June 13, 2013
New Hampshire Ski Resorts Report More Than 2.5M Visitors in 2012-2013
An association representing New Hampshire's ski resorts says they hosted more than 2.5 million skier, snowboarder and snowtubing visits last winter.
Ski NH says one of the biggest increases in visits for the 2012-2013 season was in cross-country skiing. These areas hosted over 151,000 visits, a 57.2 percent increase from the previous winter and a 14.8 percent increase over a 10-year average. There was abundant, natural snowfall throughout the season.
The association said snowmaking started before the December holiday. And in contrast to recent years, winter weather continued through March, allowing for ski conditions well into April.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
New York News
New England News