Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Wed April 30, 2003
New Quebec Provincial Gov. Sworn in, Ousts Separatists
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Quebec has a new premier. Liberal Jean Charest was sworn in yesterday. Charest's staunchly federalist government follows nine years of Parti-Quebecois rule, which was highlighted by a 1995 referendum that almost removed the province from Canada. Despite the dramatic political change, most expect trade opportunities with the province to remain dynamic. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.