Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed April 30, 2003
New Quebec Provincial Gov. Sworn in, Ousts Separatists
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Quebec has a new premier. Liberal Jean Charest was sworn in yesterday. Charest's staunchly federalist government follows nine years of Parti-Quebecois rule, which was highlighted by a 1995 referendum that almost removed the province from Canada. Despite the dramatic political change, most expect trade opportunities with the province to remain dynamic. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.