Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Northeast Energy Direct Pipeline Route Moves North
New England News
Wed March 19, 2014
New Report Details Economic Development Projects
The city of Springfield, Massachusetts is experiencing a building boom.
A new report from the city’s economic development office details $2.48 billion dollars in projects either completed in the last 2 years or scheduled to finish in the next three years. Chief Development Officer Kevin Kennedy called the dollar amount a phenomenal number for a medium-sized American city.
" It shows we have some confidence in the private sector to go with what we've done on the public side. We have worked hard to be reliable and predictable to the business community and I think it is working."
Among the big projects is a $110 million state data center, the $65 renovation of Union Station, and the $800 million MGM casino.