Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed April 16, 2003
New Report Says MA Auto Emissions Polluting More
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – A report released today by the Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group-MassPirg--says exhaust from automobiles will add twenty-seven percent more carbon dioxide to the environment by the year 2020. The group is recommending specific legislation to help curb what it sees as a serious threat to public health and a major contributor to global warming. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana files this report.