Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Wed April 16, 2003
New Report Says MA Auto Emissions Polluting More
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – A report released today by the Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group-MassPirg--says exhaust from automobiles will add twenty-seven percent more carbon dioxide to the environment by the year 2020. The group is recommending specific legislation to help curb what it sees as a serious threat to public health and a major contributor to global warming. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana files this report.