Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Hudson Valley News
Mon May 13, 2013
New State Tourism Initiative To Benefit Hudson Valley
POUGHKEEPSIE – The Hudson Valley/Catskills regions are expected to receive a sizable chunk of the $60 million to be divvied up around the state to promote tourism in New York.
The announcement was made this past week and Mary Kay Vrba, executive director of Dutchess County Tourism, is hopeful this area will benefit from the new funding.
“We are going to work very hard to get as many of those dollars as we can into Dutchess County and the Hudson Valley, and the good thing is it’s not only for marketing, but there is going to be some infrastructure dollars there and I think some training dollars, so we are looking to work in the region as well,” Vrba said.
The way the Catskills and Hudson Valley regions are draw is somewhat blurry as Sullivan and Ulster counties are in the Catskills region for tourism and in the Hudson Valley for economic development.