Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed January 11, 2006
New Study Raises Concerns Over Ownership of Northern Forest Timberlands
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The Northern Forest is the largest continuous forest east of the Mississippi, stretching from Maine across northern New Hampshire and Vermont into New York's Adirondacks. A new report says nearly 24 million acres of those forest lands have changed hands over the past 25 years. That's raising concerns about long term biodiversity issues and sustainable forestry throughout the region. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.