Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New England News
Mon June 18, 2012
New Superintendent Chosen For Springfield MA Public Schools
The second largest public school district in Massachusetts will have a new superintendent of schools by July 1st. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
Daniel Warwick, who began his career in education as a teacher in the public schools in Springfield Mass in 1976, and is currently deputy superintendent, has been picked to be the troubled school systems next chief administrator.
The Springfield School Committee voted 5 to 2 Monday night to select Warwick, after interviewing him and the other finalist, Jesus Jara, the current superintendent of the Monroe County Florida school district.. Warwick laid out a five year plan to raise attendance, and graduation rates and close the achievement gap that plaques the city’schronically underperforming public schools