Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Hudson Valley News
Tue April 9, 2013
New Tappan Zee Bridge Team Is Among Employers at Rockland Job Fair
There’s a job fair Tuesday in New York’s Rockland County, and one of the employers is the design-build contractor team selected to construct the new Tappan Zee Bridge.
State Senator David Carlucci, an Independent Democrat, will help kick off the job fair at Rockland Community College in Suffern. Business representatives say they will talk about the importance of job fairs to boost local hiring and spur the regional economy. The job fair will showcase employers representing sectors, including banking, healthcare, and telecommunications. Brian Conybeare is special advisor to Governor Andrew Cuomo for the New NY Bridge project, that is, the replacement Tappan Zee Bridge, and he will discuss the economic benefits of the bridge project as well as employment opportunities for residents and businesses throughout the Hudson Valley. The job fair runs from 11 till 3.