Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Hudson Valley News
Tue April 9, 2013
New Tappan Zee Bridge Team Is Among Employers at Rockland Job Fair
There’s a job fair Tuesday in New York’s Rockland County, and one of the employers is the design-build contractor team selected to construct the new Tappan Zee Bridge.
State Senator David Carlucci, an Independent Democrat, will help kick off the job fair at Rockland Community College in Suffern. Business representatives say they will talk about the importance of job fairs to boost local hiring and spur the regional economy. The job fair will showcase employers representing sectors, including banking, healthcare, and telecommunications. Brian Conybeare is special advisor to Governor Andrew Cuomo for the New NY Bridge project, that is, the replacement Tappan Zee Bridge, and he will discuss the economic benefits of the bridge project as well as employment opportunities for residents and businesses throughout the Hudson Valley. The job fair runs from 11 till 3.