Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Mon October 15, 2012
New Vermont Law School Dean to Be Inaugurated
The Vermont Law School is getting ready to inaugurate a new president and dean.
Marc Mihaly assumed both those titles Aug. 1 and is to be formally installed in the job on Oct. 26. He replaces Geoff Shields, who had held the top job on the South Royalton campus since 2004.
At his inaugural, Mihaly is expected to discuss the future of legal education and the law school's efforts to adapt to the changing legal landscape.
Mihaly served as acting associate dean of environmental programs and director of the Environmental Law Center in 2005-06 and then as associate dean and director from 2007-12. He is an expert in land use, urban planning and energy law and policy.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.