Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Mon September 17, 2012
New Vermont PACs' Contributions May be Known Soon
Vermonters may soon know more about two new political action committees that are trying to influence election outcomes here.
The Republican-oriented group Vermonters First had pumped $70,000 into independent ads supporting auditor candidate Vince Illuzzi and treasurer candidate Wendy Wilton as of last week.
Meanwhile, the liberal PAC Vermont Priorities has been raising money and also is hoping to have an impact this election season.
Monday at 5 p.m. is a deadline for filing campaign financial disclosures. More is expected to be known about the independent groups' activities, as well as candidates' more traditional fundraising and spending, at that time.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.