Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
New England News
Thu August 16, 2012
New Vocational High School Set To Open
The first new high school built in Springfield Massachusetts in more than 25 years will open for the new school year later this month. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
State and local officials , Wednesday, dedicated the new Putnam Vocational Technical High School. The 315 thousand square foot building includes state of the art facilities for 14 hundred students. Massachusetts Treasurer, Steven Grossman, who chairs the state’s school building authority, said the school opens a new chapter in the history of vocational education in Massachusetts.
The school building authority paid 80 percent of the roughly $120 million construction cost for the new building, and to demolish the old Putnam school building.