Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Mon January 2, 2006
New Year's resolution: curbing gun violence
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – The number of shooting incidents in urban centers of the Northeast--particularly Springfield, Massachusetts and Albany, New York--has increased significantly in the past five years. Curbing gun violence and reversing that trend is one of the main priorities for new Albany Police Chief James Tuffey at the beginning of 2006.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.