Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Fri April 4, 2003
New York Affirmative Action Poll
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – The U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments this week in a case that
could determine the fate of affirmative action programs at colleges
and universities across the country. The case is a challenge to the
University of Michigan's policy of using race as a factor in admissions.
A new poll suggests New Yorkers support affirmative action compared
to thr rest of the nation. WAMC's Brian Shields reports