Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri April 4, 2003
New York Affirmative Action Poll
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – The U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments this week in a case that
could determine the fate of affirmative action programs at colleges
and universities across the country. The case is a challenge to the
University of Michigan's policy of using race as a factor in admissions.
A new poll suggests New Yorkers support affirmative action compared
to thr rest of the nation. WAMC's Brian Shields reports