Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu February 19, 2004
New York Falls Short in Women in Government
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – New York ranks in the bottom half of states when it comes to filling state-policy making positions with women. A university study tracked five years of how gender makes up the nation's state-level gubernatorial appointees. The study's director says New York's appointed women have some catching up to do. WAMC's Allison Dunne reports.