Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu February 19, 2004
New York Falls Short in Women in Government
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – New York ranks in the bottom half of states when it comes to filling state-policy making positions with women. A university study tracked five years of how gender makes up the nation's state-level gubernatorial appointees. The study's director says New York's appointed women have some catching up to do. WAMC's Allison Dunne reports.