Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed January 7, 2004
New York Gets an "A" for Smokefree Air
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – New York has earned an "A" from the American Lung Association for its tobacco control policies. The Smoke Free Workplaces Law enacted last year was the reason for the stellar grade. However, the Empire State failed in one category - doling out money to help New Yorkers kick the habit. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.