Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Thu May 20, 2004
New York Pledge To Stop Sexual Violence
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – State leaders in New York and members of the legislature are being urged to sign a pledge committing themselves to the fight against sexual violence. One lawmaker who signed the pledge in Albany Thursday morning knows first-hand the trauma of sexual assault. Brian Shields reports.