Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Wed June 26, 2013
New York Rep. Paul Tonko - Obama On Climate Change And SCOTUS On DOMA
In a speech being lauded by environmental activists, yesterday President Barack Obama announced several proposals to limit pollution that is contributing to climate change. The policies include the establishment of carbon pollution standards for power plants and increased funding for clean energy technology over the coming decades.
For reaction to the speech WAMC spoke with Representative Paul Tonko of New York’s 20th District. Before discussing climate change we asked Tonko for his reaction to today’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling invalidating the federal Defense of Marriage Act.
This an extended version of an interview that aired on WAMC's Northeast Report 6/26/13.
Capital Region News
New England News
New York News
Commentary & Opinion