Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
New York News
Thu March 7, 2013
New York State Assemblyman Richard Gottfried - Bringing single-payer health care to New York
In Albany today, state legislators, patient advocates, labor leaders, and health care professionals unveiled a new proposal for government funded, universal, single-payer statewide health insurance.
WAMC’s Patrick Donges spoke today with New York Assemblyman Richard Gottfried, Democrat of Manhattan’s 75th district, sponsor of the bill and chair of the Assembly Health Committee.
Stay tuned to WAMC for part two of this interview, with updates on New York State budget negotiations and a proposal for medical marijuana, at 3:30 p.m. on WAMC's Northeast Report.
New England News
Commentary & Opinion
North Country News