Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed February 11, 2004
New York Strategizes Over Same Sex Marriage
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – With the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruling that gay and lesbian couples can't be denied their constitutional right to civil marriage, it's expected that same-sex marriage licenses will be issued by mid May. The head of a Rochester NY-area gay alliance expects gay and lesbian couples to go to Massachusetts and marry, then return to New York State and sue for their constitutional rights as married couples in NY. But some gay advocates are cautioning against rushing the issue. Pat Bradley reports.