Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Wed February 20, 2013
New York Times Co. Puts Boston Globe Up For Sale
The New York Times is putting its New England holdings, including the Boston Globe up for sale.
The New York Times said in a press release Wednesday that it retained the investment banking firm, Evercore Partners to advise it on the sale of its New England holdings, which include the Boston Globe,Worcester Telegram and Gazette newspaper and websites associated with the two papers. The Times tried to sell the Globe in 2009, but instead won concessions from the newspaper’s unions to reduce operating costs. The Times, in recent years, has sold much of its once large empire including a share of the Boston Red Sox.
WAMC Speakers Corner