Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
WAMC New York News
Tue January 3, 2006
New York using new inspection stickers
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – Starting this year, mechanics in New York are required to use new safety inspection stickers with more precise expiration dates-narrowed from the month to the ten days in which the last inspection occurred. The state department of motor vehicles made the change to spread out a flood of last-minute inspections at the end of the month--but some mechanics say that doesn't solve the problem of motorists with expired stickers.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein spoke with a mechanic in Albany.