Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue January 3, 2006
New York using new inspection stickers
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – Starting this year, mechanics in New York are required to use new safety inspection stickers with more precise expiration dates-narrowed from the month to the ten days in which the last inspection occurred. The state department of motor vehicles made the change to spread out a flood of last-minute inspections at the end of the month--but some mechanics say that doesn't solve the problem of motorists with expired stickers.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein spoke with a mechanic in Albany.