Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue January 3, 2006
New York using new inspection stickers
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – Starting this year, mechanics in New York are required to use new safety inspection stickers with more precise expiration dates-narrowed from the month to the ten days in which the last inspection occurred. The state department of motor vehicles made the change to spread out a flood of last-minute inspections at the end of the month--but some mechanics say that doesn't solve the problem of motorists with expired stickers.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein spoke with a mechanic in Albany.