Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri September 10, 2004
New Yorkers Face Highest Taxes
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – New York State has the highest state and local tax burden in the nation. That's according to an annual survey that ranks states based on total population and income tax revenue. While fiscal analysts in New York agree the state's taxes are high, at least one says the current survey misrepresents the true tax burden on residents.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.