Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
WAMC New York News
Fri September 10, 2004
New Yorkers Face Highest Taxes
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – New York State has the highest state and local tax burden in the nation. That's according to an annual survey that ranks states based on total population and income tax revenue. While fiscal analysts in New York agree the state's taxes are high, at least one says the current survey misrepresents the true tax burden on residents.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.