Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Hudson Valley News
Mon October 22, 2012
Newburgh City Manager Resigns
Four days after Newburgh City Manager Richard Herbek was stopped in his car with a woman he said was a heroin addict, he has quit.
Herbek told Mayor Judy Kennedy on Sunday that he was resigning.
After the traffic stop last Wednesday, Herbek told MidHudsonNews.com that he was helping her kick the drug habit and that he was offering her counseling. The following day, Kennedy said Herbek would have decisions to make, but she did not elaborate.
Herbek’s contract with the city was set to expire in January and there were mixed views by city council members as to if he should be re-upped.
The issue is likely to be discussed at tonight's city council session.