Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Mon January 14, 2013
Newtown superintendent on Washington, DC panel
NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — Newtown Superintendent of Schools Janet Robinson is traveling to Washington, D.C., to discuss gun violence prevention.
Robinson is scheduled to be part of a panel discussion on Wednesday. It's being organized by House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi and the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee, which Connecticut Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro co-chairs.
The hearing is titled "Gun Violence Prevention: A Call to Action." The event is expected to focus on what can be done to prevent future gun violence based on the experience of the panelists.
It comes a little more than a month after a lone gunman killed 20 first graders and six educators at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. He also murdered his mother before later committing suicide.