Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
North Country News
Mon April 30, 2012
NH Trooper Traveling with Governor Rescues Man in Crash
New Hampshire State Police say a trooper who was traveling with the governor in Massachusetts rescued a man from a fiery crash. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
Investigators say Trooper Scott Frye was traveling with Governor John Lynch and his wife in an official capacity when they witnessed a road rage incident that led to the crash. It happened Sunday night on Interstate 93 in Andover.
They say a vehicle involved in the crash rolled down an embankment and trapped the driver inside.
Authorities say Lynch called 911 and Frye grabbed a fire extinguisher to help rescue the man. Frye then climbed into the burning car and an off-duty firefighter helped him pull the driver to safety.
Frye was treated and released at a hospital for smoke inhalation.
State police continue to investigate.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.