Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Fri July 27, 2012
NH's Dartmouth-Hitchcock Joins Mayo Clinic Network
New Hampshire's Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center has become the latest member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, which will allow its patients to get consultations from doctors at the renowned Minnesota hospital.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock announced the affiliation today. The hospital will remain independent while having access to Mayo Clinic resources. In return for its expertise and prestige, Mayo is spreading its model of care.
Mayo says the network recognizes that people prefer to get their health care close to home. The network's main goal is to help people gain the benefits of its expertise without having to travel to a Mayo facility.
The network was launched last year and also includes health systems affiliated with but not owned by Mayo in Arizona, Michigan, Missouri and North Dakota.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.