Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Thu July 26, 2012
Nikki Jones - The Alliance for Quality Education
It is called ‘bullet aid,’ but others have called it ‘school district pork.’ Extra state aid to school districts and libraries doled out by the majority parties that control the New York State Senate and the New York State Assembly. The latest bullet aid from State Senate Republicans is going, by and large, to schools and libraries in the districts now held by Republican senators. WAMC’s Brian Shields spoke about bullet aid today with Nikki Jones of the Alliance for Quality Education, a school and education advocacy group in New York.