Nippertown's Greg Haymes' Weekend Music Picks With Brian Shields
Nippertown's Greg Haymes visits with some August music selections.
1. M.R. Poulopoulos: "Hard Times" from his new album Harvest the Heart, playing at the Hudson Music Festival in Hudson on Sunday at 1 on the stage at the 400 block of Warren St and at 3 at American Glory BBQ.
2. Dave Maswick: "The Truth About Love" from his new album The News From Here, playing with the Stony Creek Band at the South Glens Falls Town Park at 6:30 on Tuesday.
3. Johnny Rabb: "Ubangi Stomp" from his album Gotta Have It! playing with the Tichy Boys on the roof of Skidmore College's Tang Museum in Saratoga at 7 on Friday, August 16.
4. Dean Batstone: "Shovel Under Load" from his latest album, Lonely in America, playing at Caffe Lena in Saratoga at 8 on Saturday, August 17 along with Anna Dagmar and Connor Garvey, as part of the Caffe's "See the Future" sampler concert series.
5. The Jim Kweskin Jug Band: "Sadie Green, the Vamp of New Orleans," a live recording from the 1965 Newport Folk Festival. Jim Kweskin, Geoff Muldaur, Maria Muldaur and Bill Keith are playing a rare reunion concert at The Egg in Albany at 7:30 on Wednesday, August 28 in celebration of their 50th anniversary with the Barbecue Orchestra.