Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Tue November 5, 2013
NJ Voters Weigh 2nd Term For Popular Gov. Christie
A lopsided race for New Jersey governor will be decided today when voters choose between Republican Governor Chris Christie and challenger Barbara Buono, a Democratic state senator.
Polls showed Christie leading by more than 20 points heading into Election Day. The governor could resign before a second term ends to run for president. The 51-year-old refused to rule out that possibility during a debate.
Buono says Christie already has one foot out the door. But the former Senate budget chairwoman has struggled to raise money and get a message out.
She spent the final days of the race campaigning without any big-name Democrats to help. Christie barnstormed the state by bus hoping to drive up turnout.
A proposed $1 boost in the minimum wage to $8.25 an hour is also on the ballot.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.