Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Thu November 1, 2012
No Drinking Water Order in Vermont Mobile Home Park
Residents in a Vermont mobile home park have been told not to drink the water because of a high chlorine content.
Officials in the town of Bennington have filed an enforcement action against the owner of the Sunset Mobile Home Park, alleging that he has violated water management agreements reached with the town in April.
Roughly 22 people live in the park.
Park owner John Bushee Jr. entered into an agreement with the town that he would install a chlorinator the park's water system. Building and Health Inspector Kevin Goodhue tells the Bennington Banner the chlorinator was installed, but the water problems have continued.
Bushee didn't return calls seeking comment.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.