Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Thu November 1, 2012
No Drinking Water Order in Vermont Mobile Home Park
Residents in a Vermont mobile home park have been told not to drink the water because of a high chlorine content.
Officials in the town of Bennington have filed an enforcement action against the owner of the Sunset Mobile Home Park, alleging that he has violated water management agreements reached with the town in April.
Roughly 22 people live in the park.
Park owner John Bushee Jr. entered into an agreement with the town that he would install a chlorinator the park's water system. Building and Health Inspector Kevin Goodhue tells the Bennington Banner the chlorinator was installed, but the water problems have continued.
Bushee didn't return calls seeking comment.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.